Via io9 Here's some info on the bridge as envisioned by New York architecture firm Fxfowle:
- It's one mile long and 670 feet tall.
- It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
- It will cost 817 million dollars.
- The design has Sheikh Mohammed's official stamp of approval.
- The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
- A metro line will run across the middle.
- Construction begins in March, with a slated completion date of 2012. Images by Fxfowle
The embracing arms of this unique building have a most spectacular
verdant turfed roof which blends with ground contour as if emerges from
it. It has glass curtain wall and raw concrete minus the painting.
Apart from its visual impact, the turfed roofscape helps to lower
the roof temperature and surrounding areas. It works as a functional
space, as a scenic outdoor community space via easily accessible
sidesteps along the roof edge.